Monday, April 20, 2015

The Rabbit Warrior

Something about working in Traditional Media with a plethora of graphite tools is amazing. Here is something from, let's say 2013 when I was just discovering the power of anatomy and shading. The concept here was to take something completely harmless and build unto that something completely impeccable, warrior-like. At this point this was strictly an in-progress shot of my art on an 18x24 sheet. I apologize that this wasn't scanned.
The inspiration for this was that, at the time, I wanted to design an MMORPG that was heavily based on this concept of Chinese vs Western Zodiac. At the time, I really thought that the whole concept was going somewhere and I heavily based that on some more of the popularized PC MMOs.
While I understand that the Rabbit comes from the Chinese zodiac, I have equipped him with some aspects taken from western RGS and Japanese samurai gear. This is less of a technicality and due in part that RPGS dictate incredibly aesthetic based realms. They do not necessitate the history or the culture of the real world and there is nothing in the RPG definition that warrants accuracy of any nature. It’s a game.
In rectifying how my design is presented, this is a Rabbit Warrior; possibly hero rather than villainous. Although when playing a two-faction RPG one does not necessarily exist to the other, nor there always be this idea that they are equitable.

Specs:
18x24 Sketchbook Paper
2h-4h Graphite
Character Concept Art.

Unnamed
Specs:
18x24 Sketchbook Paper
2h-4h Graphite
Character Concept Art..
Unnamed

No comments:

Post a Comment